Friday, August 28, 2015

All your favorite Podcasts in one place with Wondercasts Review

Overview

Tired of listening to the same 4 songs over and over that the disc jockeys force you to listen too? Talk radio bores you and your uninterested in corny jokes and advertisers attempting to sell you everything you don’t need or want?

I can’t speak for you, but that’s me, I have found myself driving to my destinations in silence. No radio, no phone,  just fresh air, and energy.

Although finding quality content that I can control is no longer an issue. I recently have been introduced to Wondercasts available for download via The Google Playstore. Wondercasts allows you to manage and listen to your favorite podcasts, discover new podcasts, allows you to cast the podcasts to your television,  and also enables you to download podcasts to your device when you don’t have access to an internet connection.

Setup

Setting up Wondercasts was extremely simple. All I had  to do was download the application from The Google Playstore which is free with an ad removable option for just .99. After the  installation was complete I was able to start browsing Wondercasts for podcasts without creating  an account or registering any login credentials.

Function

I have been using Wondercasts daily for the past 7 days. Upon using Wondercasts, I didn’t have any real expectations on what the app would or wouldn’t offer nor did I feel I needed it. I had previously used IHeart Radio and had no complaints and for a while I used it every day. Until now I was uninterested in searching for any podcasts or even starting fresh with a new podcast provider.

Out the gate, I was greeted with a crisp professional user interface(u.i.)  that utilized Google’s Material Design standards. The clean white background accented with baby blue (my favorite color) was very inviting and started my Wondercasts experience off well.

Not to mention I was able to immediately search the vast content that Wondercasts provided without being badgered to create an account or login via Facebook or Google+. Wondercasts conveniently categorized their menu thus allowing easy navigation.

The menu options:

Podcast– allows one-click access to all of the Podcasts that you subscribed to.

Lists– is the section that displays the podcasts that you have saved offline to view when you have no internet connection

Downloads – shows you real-time status of the size of the podcasts you are downloading along with an estimated download time.

Settings– is quite detailed and useful compared to a lot of other applications. The settings menu allows you to update podcasts cover art, control playback controls, options to save battery and more.

Popular– this section  allows  content discovery, you can search popular casts. If you were unable to find any podcasts that interest you, you are able to filter your search by genres.  Example you could search for business podcasts and catch up on TED Talks business section  and get knowledge from the great speaker Simon Sinek or Sports & Recreation and find podcasts on America’s team the Dallas Cowboys.  

After discovering  podcasts that I was interested in my experience became  even more entertaining and pleasing. I stumbled upon a business podcast entitled “Build a Badass Business”. The display image of “Build a Badass Business”  was crisp and high resolution and I immediately realized that the playback controls were the same color as the graphics of the podcasts which is a very nice touch. That was just the cake here comes the icing,  the playback controls have very cool  animations that you will discover when pressing them. Also when listening to a podcast you can set a timer for how long you would like to listen. Another feature that I found useful was when you are playing a podcasts if you access the overflow menu(3 linear dots near the top of the application) you can access a Go to option. The Go to option allows you to type in the time code of the podcast to easily access a specific point in time in the podcast down to the second you want to hear.

 Using Wondercasts for the past few days I have discovered multiple podcasts that I have begun to listen to daily. I believe it was just the simplicity, design, and easy to discover content that allowed me to quickly become comfortable with Wondercasts and made it a daily option for me to visit like Youtube and Spotify.

Wondercats-08-21-17-31-40 wondercasts2015-08-21-17-32-01 wondercasts2015-08-21-17-32-47 wondercasts2015-08-21-18-01-31 wondercasts2015-08-21-18-01-45

Who will find Wondercasts useful

Wondercasts is a well-rounded application that does a lot of things right. Individuals who travel frequently, those who want to spend their driving time in a more useful manner than listening to music Wondercasts is a good option for you. Wondercats has a wide variety of content to choose  from movies, sports, business,news & politics etc. There are multiple genres that could benefit and entertain you.

What We Like

  • Beautiful User Interface
  • Playback control animations
  • Wide variety of podcasts /easy to discover new podcasts
  • Download podcasts offline to your device

What We didn’t Like

  • Upon constant usage did notice some force close errors

Summary

Wondercasts organizing podcasts for you to easily discover is not a new concept. Although what is great is that Wondercasts is  an old concept packaged with great design, easy to discover content, small graphical and animated tweaks that enables a well designed useful app that simply works.

The post All your favorite Podcasts in one place with Wondercasts Review appeared first on AndroidGuys.




Source: AndroidGuys » AndroidGuys | All your favorite Podcasts in one place with Wondercasts Review
Powered by Blogger.